- This event has passed.
Today’s New Insurance Risks (Course #57587)
October 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Times have certainly changed. These changes have brought new types of risk exposures. New business models have presented challenges to our traditional insurance industry.
- Ride Sharing (Uber, Lyft, etc.) –The course begins with a discussion of “Ride Sharing,” what is it, and what kinds of risks it has presented to the industry and to the individuals involved in it.
- Usage-Based Insurance –What is Usage-Based Insurance? How is it different from our traditional models of assessing risk? Examples include autos monitored for speed and miles driven and monitoring of exercise and health habits to substantiate insurance premium discounts.
- Self-Driving Cars –We discuss Self-Driving Cars and the risks associated with them.
- Home-Sharing (AirBnB, etc.) – Another “new” development is the concept of Home-Sharing and Short-Term rentals of one’s home. We explore these exposures as they affect the Homeowner’s Policy and insurance carriers.
- Drones –There’s been an explosion on the personal and commercial side of things with the usage of drones. We discuss how has this created new insurance exposures.
Click here to Register!
And make sure you stick around after class for a delicious, FREE lunch!